1) Petty cash payment vouchers are prepared by the cashier, approved by the Finance Officer and signed by the staff member collecting the cash. The vouchers and their supporting documents should be batched and filed in the Accounts Department for recording at the end of each work day.
2) The person who collects the cash and makes the purchase must bring a purchase receipt and other supporting documentation which must be addressed to BIU (Blantyre International University).
3) The Petty Cashier the payment voucher and it’s supporting documents and delivers the batch to the accounts office.
1) Cheque payment vouchers are prepared by the Accounts Office, having attached the approved quotation and other supporting documentation the batch is sent to the Chancellor’s Office for approval and cheque signing.
2) After payment is made the payment voucher and attachments are filed in the accounts department according to banks from where the cheques are drawn.
Students and Staff members use library books within the library or taken outside. The Librarian makes sure that those using the books leave the books in good condition that those that are taken outside are properly recorded on the borrower’s respective membership cards and returned in good condition and on time.
A fine is charged to students that return the books late and a claim is made against the book fund for those that are lost. We recommend that the same fine be charged to staff members for late returns of books and a claim for lost books should be done through payroll deductions.
Leave a Reply